Wednesday, August 31, 2005

25th Anniversary of Solidarnosc meets 10th Anniversary of My Irreverance

This Friday was the 25th anniversary of the Solidarity Movement in Poland. In order to commemorate this event, a massive stage was erected in the Rynek and music and other performances went on all night. Also, several old Soviet military vehicles were displayed, including an armoured 'people plow' for breaking up riots.

I paid homage to those events in 1980, by this piece of performance art, which was not appreciated by many babcias present, but was very much appreciated by a crazy old polish man with a huge beard, who said to me in broken english, "Light up a bottle of vodka and throw it at that tank...I did!" And I believed him!

4 Comments:

Blogger mohan said...

looks like a successor for lech has been found.

1:36 AM  
Blogger Tomek said...

yes, every man has a purse to carry his bubbly water in.

6:02 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

But Tomek wheres the other pic that Craig took?? I wanna put it up on my blog

5:03 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

who is this polish hulk? and why the red face? i suspect the gross amounts of perogies you have consumed may be the cause of such pleasure and pain in HULK's eyes.

4:01 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home