Tuesday, September 13, 2005

Are you worth your weight in Pierogi?

Today, hungry and poor, I noticed that for the price of one small square of pizza from Pizza Hut, I can buy myself 1kg of pierogi. The pizza won't even rid me of my temporary hunger, but 1kg of pierogi will sustain my Polish metabolism with delicious cheese and potato for days. It's time to rid myself of my North American diet. Pizza, chips and burgers are all undeserving luxury items here.

So I've decided then to live off of pierogi, and use the money I save to drink beer and to travel.

My goal? To eat my own weight in pierogi by year's end. 70kg.

I'll become a connasseiur of pierogi, I'll know each flavour, each way to cook them, and try each of the many brands of pierogi available here. I'll write love poems about pierogi, I'll become a leading world expert on them; CNN will contact me when a story about pierogi breaks, and perhaps, one day, I may even shit out a nice shiny golden pierog like some twisted Polish fairytale.

Wish me luck, not scurvy.

The pierogi chart. 1 kg down, 69 to go.

11 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

You can do it Tomek! Question, as you eat Pierogis your weight will expand no? Therefor is it a vein attempt? Will you ever be able to eat your weight if your wight keeps on expanding?
If anyone can do it-its you
Ben

12:50 PM  
Blogger Liz said...

a haiku from me to thee:
Dense and pasty white
Pierogi in tom's belly
Putski say your prayers

8:41 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I'm going to Fortinos and buying some in your honour. Good luck!

9:04 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Ahhh Tomek your predilection and more importantly zeal for the retarded is a ray of light . . . Your fucked brother!! I myself have tried to thwart hunger and poverty with the magical powers of those little Polish dumplings . . . Oh they taste scrumptious now . . . but believe you me . . . if you are triumphant it won't be your shit . . . it'll be your first born that will pop out a pierogi . . .

Christian

11:17 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

i bought some pierogis from a milk bar here in gliwice. they were crap. i threw them away and bought a sneeekers crunchier(tm) instead.

12:05 AM  
Blogger Tomek said...

Jasmine, both the pierogi and I are pasty and white. the more i eat, the more I begin to resemble a pierog myself.

on another note. i told one of the other teachers my plan here. he understood. he lived in Uruguay for a year and tried to eat a whole cow in his year.

10:19 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

he's a mentalist, that laurence!

my mission while here is to learn as little polish as possible, and to continue speaking loudly in a Northern English accent. my second mission is to be on first name terms with the entire mcdonalds staff by christmas.

10:31 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

yesterday i ate a package of curry flavoured ramen noodles, half a steak and lumpfish caviar on crackers. then i slept for twelve hours and dreamt of sexy firemen and satan.

sis

12:29 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

say the word Tombo and I'll drop ship a care package from Bitondo's.

Pshaw Pierogi, pick Panzo Parachutes!

God speed young man, God speed.

El Matador.

11:22 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Okay Its the mentalist Laurence here.
It is all true.... I did try to eat a whole cow in Uruguay. But the keeping of the weight thing got tedious and then there is the question of how heavy is a cow anyway? Not to mention the bits that I dont want to eat....
70 kilos of perogi...hmm That is a challenge I will have to Investigate. First thing tomorrow I will be down to my supermarket and check out the Perogi section... Forget those Pizza hut slices!

8:29 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

pierogi is a load of crap, polish mush

11:34 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home