Friday, September 30, 2005

Bar Miś

MMmmm...Bar Miś. The milk bar, a remnant of communism, was a subsidized 'fast food' restaurant that offered Polish home cooking at a marginal price. I've found the best one in Wroclaw, and I've vowed to eat the entire menu. I'm pretty sure that this will offically kill any chance I have at eating 70kg of pierogi, because eating here is cheaper than cooking at home.

Bar Miś, I love you. Sure, you have the atmosphere of a hospital cafeteria; sure, some angry old man always buds in front of me in line; and sure enough, 5 minutes later, I end up having to share a table with that same angry, old man. But look what my two dollars got me today...



ps: My students tell me that there is a joke, that in Bar Mis you better eat your food quickly, before all the worms in it walk it out the door.

pps: Could this explain the month long, low grade diahhrea that I've been experiencing?

4 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Nie śmiej sie z Baru Miś !! Bar Miś Twoim chlebodawcą !! Zawsze moża poczuc tam domową atmosferkę :] i spotkac jakąś atrakcyjną studentkę ... ;)

3:28 PM  
Blogger Deep said...

Fresh flowers on the table is a nice touch.

3:59 PM  
Blogger mitch-elle said...

hang on to all that money you're saving - you may need it for hospital bills when your insides rot!

12:02 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Bar Miś rocks!! It is true... All you North Americans, (Yep, cnuks and yanks alike) go back to you saturated fat, overpriced waist expanding crapfood. Dont you just love abuse, (especially personal) on weblogs?
No really, We Love Bar Miś and will continue to eat there, worms an'all!!

3:35 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home