Saturday, November 05, 2005

Dance you Russian Bear!

A trip to the Wroclaw zoo allowed us to see what a high quality Eastern European Zoo looks like. Very little security allowing you to touch most of the animals, most of which appeared to be mentally ill and malnourished. Overall, I liked it much more than the Toronto Zoo, which has a policy of putting the animals first.

Unfortunately, I didn't see any bears wearing toutous dancing ballet with a cattle prod in their backside, but I suppose this is the price of progress. Next time I go I hope to ride a giraffe and teach some chimpanzees how to breakdance.

This emu, nicknamed 'Surly', had just downed a half litre of vodka and had a go at my sister. This photo was in no way staged.



The indigenous 'Polus Custodius'. Notice his large bushy moustache used to lure females into exotic mating rituals involving chest pounding and large quantities of cabbage.

Close encounter with a Siberian Tiger. Thankfully, reading the Life of Pi had prepared me to dominate this wild beast. You can see me here in a roar and staredown contest with Samba.


Samba obeying my feline roar and preparing to destroy the emu that had earlier attacked my sister.

5 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

So ya wanna build an' alter on a summer night,
Wanna smoke the gel off a fentanyl patch.
Ainchya heard the news? Adam & Eve were Jews
And I always loved ya to the max!!
***DCB***

Yeah man, New Jews!!! I'll send it to ya pursey longstockins.

No shit man its a blast teaching a monkey to do new stuff. I try to teach every monkey I meet something or other and monkeys do seem as they'd have an uncanny proficiancy if not artistry in the realm of danse l'break.

You say your seach for humiliated bears dancing on hot plates is bust? Too bad man . . . next to a bear fighting a shark I can't imagine better entertainment.

Obviously, there's an opportunity to be seized, no one cornered the market so you can. Substitute dancing bears with breakin' monkeys. Shit man, you'll be rollin' in the zloty!!

Sounds like a cool zoo 'cause as everyone knows the only thing more cute than an animal is a mentally ill animal. I thought that fox was looking a little bi-polar. Bennett & I were at at place like that in Mayasia. Cruelty World. Man, I saw a half crocidile . . . no tail or back legs and a monkey threatening some stray cat with a broken pepsi bottle.

Did you get the emu hammered or was it already partying when you crossed paths? It probably wanted a cigarette man or some more vodka.

All that shit I sent ya while undeniably Spinal Tapesque is retared & thankfully enough: True! Thats the best part, that this warped yet ridiculously cartoonish shit is actually real.

How's yor sis diggin' it? Is her purse nicer than yours? Probably. See ya butch . . .

we shall live as demons from this day on:
Dr. Wight

2:06 AM  
Blogger Liz said...

zoos.
ugh!
aquariums are where it's at. Usually maintained better and guilt-free.

7:47 PM  
Blogger Deep said...

I'd take fish over bears any day!

10:55 PM  
Blogger Deep said...

I think the emu must of smelled the booze on Agnus. Hope you guys are living it up.

10:56 PM  
Blogger Liz said...

guy....
are you wearing a fur-trimmed coat???
wtf?

8:57 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home