Wednesday, February 22, 2006

Berlin II: Back for Brunhilda

Before I left for Greece, I spent a few days again in Berlin and I realize now that I love this city. Everything that Toronto does, Berlin does a bit better.
Cool little shops? Cooler!
Beer? Cheaper!
Donairs? Spicier!
Brunhildas? Bigger!

And, everyone speaks English with a very fashionable German accent. Marry me Berlin.




A sudden impromptu breakdancing battle with the Berlin bear. I didn't even have time to take off my backpack before he was handstanding and doing backflips. Not only this, but afterwards he drank me under the table. I lost a lot of street cred this day.

For a moment I thought it was Rudolph. Only too late did I realize the eyes were glowing red, not the nose. This is the evil reindeer that brings infidels their Christmas presents (ie. HIV, smallpox, flies, famine, beer guts - but no beer).


A monster in an alley. Berlin, you're so cool.

Having a coffee at the '9/11 Conspiracy Bar.' The theme of this bar was conspiracy theories having to do with 9/11: videos, posters, tshirts, websites. I don't really know his this can work, but the coffee was cheap and I got an earful. The bar was located on the former site of the 'Moon Landing Dance Club', the 'JFK Taco Hut', and finally, 'The Jewish Hand is in My Pocket Credit Bureau'.

4 Comments:

Blogger nicki said...

cool pics tomek..looks like you had a good time..can't wait to see your post on greece :)

12:48 PM  
Blogger Liz said...

Hmmph.
"Make Tea, Not War" indeed....
(I am so jealous)

2:48 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hey Tomek its Ben. Man Berlin is one of my favourite cities-it rocks no doubt about it!

12:46 AM  
Blogger ljushuset said...

yeah man, conspiracy bar was great. thanks to Martin for that one. did you try a berliner beer?

3:57 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home