Wednesday, June 28, 2006

Nowa Huta? Nowa Way!?






Well, it seems the joke was on us. Craig came back from Krakow with this flyer for me. Not only did someone have the idea of visiting Nowa Huta before us, but they're already making money off it. And so begins communist-tourism, to the bewilderment of all Polish people, who often are of the short-sighted opinion that any relics and symbols of Poland's communist past should be torn down and destroyed. My favourite bit, in the 'Communism Deluxe' tour, to visit an unchanged 1970s communist era apartment to experience everyday communist life.

So, in light of this new information and inspired by this new off the beaten path, genuine experience tourism, I'm not offering this:

4 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Do you accept credit cards?

1:25 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

One Misery Deluxe to go please.

4:18 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

listen,
dzaidek hell is real. i've seen it. i didn't even have to pay.
my head still hurts.
love. mike

10:19 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hi!
My wife and I are in Poland as I write and having just done the "CoolTour" "RED STAR" of Nowa Huta. It was way cheaper and still pretty cool. I agree that the Poles are forgetting the real value of remembering the past... especially if someone is willine to pay a few Zl. for the pleasure!
The best stop was the newer CLUB 1949 which has some cool photos, a movie and awesome t-shirts, sweatshirts, hats, etc. all featuring the glories of Nowa Huta past!
Rock on!

9:09 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home